Panelists: Earl Evans (hosting), David Greelish and Jeff Salzman
- Host topic: The future of retrocomputing
- New Video Game Book: Collecting For Dragons Lair and SpaceAce
- Google Powers Cambridge Computing Initiative
- 10 cool analog computers
- Upcoming vintage computing shows:
- When Gadgets Were Huge: The Great 80s Computers of “Computer Chess”
- Jobs movie coming to theaters
- David’s book available at PDF eBook
Vintage Computer Commercials:
Retro Computing Gift Idea:
- David: S-100 Computer System with Cromemco ZPU Cards
- Jeff: Heathkit ET-3400a microcomputer
- Earl: IMSAI 8080with cards plus the 8080A Bug Book
Source: RCR Episode #55
You Don’t Know Flack is back with another episode! In this episode, I wax nostalgic about my days with the Atari 2600. You’ll get to hear about many of the games I grew up playing, whether or not I still collect Atari 2600 games, and why Keystone Kapers holds special meaning to me. Also in this episode I experimented with some noise cancelling plug-ins, so I’d love to hear what you think about that.
Podcast: 2600 Game by Game Podcast
And don’t forget to check my list of Vintage Star Wars Figures I’m Missing!
Here’s Atari Age’s Atari 2600 Rarity Guide
A mirror copy of this episode is located at the Internet Archive.
Source: Episode 138: Atari 2600
This week’s episode makes me wonder why the heck I took on this project in the first place. It was a rough week, the Stellar Track manual kicked my butt. Like Beavis said, you gotta have stuff that sucks if you wanna have stuff that’s cool. Genius. Next week should be better, it will be Atlantis and Star Voyager by Imagic! Upcoming games include Space Jockey and Sneak n Peek by US Games, Basic Programming and Video Olympics by Atari, Skiing and Bridge by Activision, Breakout and Home Run by Atari, and Encounter at L5 and Warplock by Data Age. I’d love for you to send me your stories about these games, I read all of the submissions on the show! Send them to email@example.com. As always, thanks so much for listening!
The Retro Junkies website
Benj Edward’s interview with Carol Shaw on Vintage Computing
Carol Shaw’s website, from archive.org
Qubic on Board Game Geek
Earl Green’s The Log Book website
Wrath of Khan soundboard
Mike and Carrington discuss the classic arcade game Rush’n Attack (Green Beret)
1977 was a killer year for CCCMs. In addition to Kingdom of the Spiders and Empire of the Ants, 1977 brought us Shock Waves. Listen, right click and download, or find us on Itunes.
Heather is back, and we get Footloose and fancy-free. Listen, right click and save as, or find us on Itunes.
Source: Never Seen It – Footloose
Vic, CW, and Phish talk about Twilight Zone Season 1 Episode 5 which includes “If She Dies” and “Ye Gods”. Listen, right click and download, or find us on Itunes.
New podcasts, upcoming vintage computer shows, new additions to my vintage computer collection, listener feedback, my stories about the American Computer Museum, and an interview with George Keremedjiev (director of the American Computer Museum)
Links mentioned in the show:
- ANTIC The Atari 8-bit Podcast – https://ataripodcast.libsyn.com/
- Next Without For Podcast (Earl Evans) – http://www.cyberears.com/podcasts/podcast_6066.xml
- Chicken Lips Radio Podcast (Earl Evans) – http://www.cyberears.com/podcasts/podcast_6067.xml
- 2013 KansasFest – http://www.kansasfest.org/
- 2013 Commodore Vegas Expo – http://www.portcommodore.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=commvex:start
- 2013 Vintage Computer Festival Midwest 8.0 – http://vcfmw.org/
- 2013 Chicago TI International World Faire – http://www.chicagotiug.com/tiki-index.php?page=Faire
- Indiana Computer Museum on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/IndianaComputerMuseum?hc_location=stream
- Indiana Computer Museum Indiegogo Campaign – http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indiana-computer-museum/
- Apple II History Websiste – http://apple2history.org/
- Book “ Sophistication & Simplicity: The Life & Times of the Apple II Computer” by Steven Weyrich – http://www.amazon.com/Sophistication-Simplicity-Times-Apple-Computer/dp/0986832278/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1373505372&sr=1-1
- MyTechBrief – http://www.mytechbrief.com/hardware/vintage-computers
- American Computer Museum – http://www.compustory.com/
- American Computer Museum – http://www.compuseum.org/
- American Computer Museum at Bozemannet.com – http://www.bozemannet.com/history_museums/computer_robotics_museum.php
- Forbes Interview with George Keremedjiev Concerning an Apple 1 Auction – http://www.forbes.com/sites/lynndouglass/2013/06/24/first-apple-computer-expected-to-sell-for-at-least-500000/
On this episode of CCCM, we dig our claws (get it?) into the made-for-USA movie Strays from 1991. Listen, right click and download, or find us on Itunes.