Next Week: Jaws!
Source:: Amigos Podcast 97 – B.C. Kid
Episode 8 of Memory Jogger is all about our early memories of driving, fantasy cars, and the first cars we owned. We also talk about how we got interested in cars, practicing on the lawn tractor, and mishaps. We begin the podcast as usual with some listener feedback and also a few icebreaker headlines. We invite your jogged memories and comments at the show notes on Rediscoverthe80s.com or tweet to @RD80s. Watch our recording session hangout on the RD80s YouTube channel.
The RD80s Podcast debuts a new show to accompany the article series Rank ‘Em which features host Jason Gross and a guest ranking their Top 5 favorites from the ’80s. The first show welcomes guest Chad E. Young of HorrorMovieBBQ.com to rank our Top 5 favorite movies released in 1987. You’ll hear the actual Top 10 box office films for context and then we’ll reveal our lists in reverse order followed by some honorable mentions. We hope you’ll enjoy listening and also invite everyone to “play along” by commenting to the show notes at RediscoverThe80s.com or to social media posts and our YouTube recording session video.
Source:: Rank ‘Em: 1987 Movies
Episode 55 (the ‘ol double nickel) is ready to roll! We talk Sky Skipper, Laser Tag, gameroom updates, pinball lighting and feature Jersey Jack from JJP and his panel discussion from the 2017 Louisville Arcade Expo!
Hey kids! Thanks for stopping by. We have a super fun show ahead of us this week. We start off with some talk about Deep Dish Pizza and a trip to a video store that I made.. It was fun and I’ll tell you all about it..
From there we talk about a really good movie I saw called Chuck as well as Alien Covenant which was good, strange and gross..
Then it’s on to the main event of the show where we dig in a bit and talk about some of the fun movies that are gonna come out this summer.
On the final segment of the show we talk a few different things, Riverdale, comics and some other cool stuff. It’s a fun show like always.. make sure to tell a friend!
Make sure to hop on over to Support The Report and check out how you can get the ISR Supertape VHS Tape! While helping to support the show. Man, we need all the help that we can get.
Also hop on over to VirtualDirtmall.com The ISR Superstore and take care of some of your Retro Junk Shopping needs while also supporting The Toys R Us Report.
CCCM is happy to be a part of
Source:: CCCM – Cube
Meoww! Cat paws, fish and magical balls are all in the podcast this time around! Shaun and Victor have been away for the weekend at the Revival Retro Event in Walsall, somewhere in the middle of the UK.
Bonus SkyCurser Pre Production review after it’s UK debut at The Revival retro Event.
What we’ve been up to since the last podcast – 0m 0s
Walk Around Revival Event – 14m 50s
Arcade News – 45mm 33s
Pickups – 1h 6m 29s
Victorian Insults – 1h 25m
Feedback – 1h 26m 14s
Shout Outs! – 1h 34m
Tech Tips – 1h 38m 17s
Top 100 Games List – 1h 48m 12s
Music Quiz – 1h 52m 55s
Game Review – 1h 55m 04s
SkyCurser Pre Production Review – 2h 11m 57s
Next Show’s Game – 2h 28m 55s
Music Quiz Answers – 2h 30m 27s
Uo Poko Website (Japanese)
Uo Poko Flyer (Front)
Uo Poko (Back)
Uo Poko Arcade Otaku Wiki
rel=”noopener noreferrer”>Kitten Mittons! Video
rel=”noopener noreferrer”>Let’s Play Cel Damage With Good Mythical More (video)
Ecstasy Of Order – The Tetris Masters Film
Dreamworld Pogie Kickstarter Page
Revival Retro Event
QPOKEY FPGA Reproductions
ArcadeBlogger Washes A Monitor Chassis?!?
UO POKO SCOREBOARD:
Chris MoonCrestaBootleg 2,418,000
Peter KmanSweden 1,382,200
Paul Guy 1,360,400
Neil 20to5 1,332,800
Nik Siversmurfer 1,116,700
Ross Ross 893,100
Tactical Genius 785,700
Mark Happydude 735,900
Ben Steel 710,900
Michael Lis 692,000
Matthew Bridge 683,200
Mrs Genius 678,500
Andrew Driver 642,100
Ian Cullen 608,600 (Colourblind!)
Karl Parry 604,600
Sal Bugliarisi 563,800
Paul McCaskie 436,500
Mrs 10p 402,000
Paul Craddy Kradsta 367,300
Rob PlayerMissile 316,800
Stacey King 276,400
Mini Missile #1 182,400
Steve Tyke 105,500
Mini Missile #2 72,200
NEXT SHOW’S GAME:
Centuri / Amstar’s Phoenix
Lives=3, Extra Life at 3k and 30k (NO 204K BUG ALLOWED!!! – WE WILL KNOW IF YOU USE IT!!!)
Source:: Podcast 86 : Uo Poko
The Commodore Vic-20, Part I
Hello, everyone, and welcome to Episode 73 of the Floppy Days Podcast, where modern computers are simply considered peripherals to the classic computers. My name is Randy Kindig. In the computer timeline, we’re still squarely in the year 1980. In that year, a breakthrough computer, with a great keyboard, color graphics and sound was announced for under $300. Of course, if you’ve been listening to the last few episodes of the podcast, you know that we’re talking about the Commodore Vic-20. William Shatner said it best in the TV ads of the time: “The wonder computer of the 1980’s: The Commodore Vic-20”. So far on Floppy Days, we’ve covered the history of the machine from the perspective of three different gentlemen: Brian Bagnall, historian; Neil Harris, member of the Vic Commando Team; and Michael Tomczyk, leader of that same Vic Commando Team and assistant to Jack Tramiel. In this episode, friends and fellow podcasters Jeff Salzman and Todd George, help me go through tech specs, peripherals, books, magazines, emulators, Web sites, and more for this groundbreaking machine. As there was a lot of material to cover, rather than making an extra-long episode, I’m breaking this topic up into 2 different shows. So, I hope you enjoy part 1 of this episode about the Vic-20.
Before we do that, I want to thank Brent Santin and Peter Cetinski for sharing their memories of the Vic-20. Later in the episode Brent has some additional memories that he shares with us as well.
Web site: http://floppydays.com
on iTunes and Stitcher (www.stitcher.com)
part of the Throwback Network (www.throwbacknetwork.net )
Links Mentioned in the Show:
- ZX Spectrum – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZX_Spectrum
- TRS-80 Quick Printer II – http://www.trs-80.org/trs-80-quick-printer/
- TRS-80 Assembler/Editor – https://books.google.com/books?id=VjAEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA34
- ZX Spectrum BASIC Jam – https://itch.io/jam/zx-spectrum-basic-jam
- Upcoming Shows
- Pacific Commodore Expo at the Living Computer Museum in Seattle on June 10-11 2017 – https://www.facebook.com/events/1171192169619276/
- KFest – https://www.kansasfest.org/, Rockhurst University, Kansas City, MO, July 18th-23rd
- Commodore Vegas Expo v13 – July 29-30, 2017, California Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada – http://www.portcommodore.com/commvex
- Vintage Computer Festival West – August 5-6, 2017, Computer History Museum, Mountain View, CA – http://vcfed.org/wp/festivals/vintage-computer-festival-west-xi/
- VCFMW – September 9-10, Elk Grove Village, IL – http://vcfmw.org/ , https://www.facebook.com/events/805945506224113/
- Tandy Assembly – October 6-8, 2017 – Chillocothe, OH – http://www.tandyassembly.com/https://www.facebook.com/events/671911082972172/
- Chicago TI International World’s Faire – October 15, Evanston, IL – http://www.chicagotiug.com/tiki-index.php?page=Faire
- World of Commodore – first weekend in December – Toronto – http://www.tpug.ca/
- Indy-area Vintage Computer Get-together – https://www.facebook.com/events/418655208501577/
- Mauricio Vives photos from VCF Southeast on Flickr – https://www.flickr.com/gp/mvives/N02Q99
- Computer Chronicles episode with the correct pronunciation of Tramiel – ?t=262″>https://?t=262
- NY Times article on correct pronunciation of Tramiel – http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/11/technology/jack-tramiel-a-pioneer-in-computers-dies-at-83.html
- ASVARO Electronics Flea Market – http://www.electronicsfleamarket.com/