In this episode John Hancock from Youtube goes over the Telstar Galaxy he obtained complete in the box!
Source:: Episode 5 – Telstar Galaxy!
Today on GeekFest Rants we visit Disney’s Galactic Nights. A one night event for all things Star Wars at Hollywood Studios. Join Carlos as he attends a special panel previewing the upcoming 2019 Star Wars park expansion, Galaxy’s Edge.
Then we take a final look at Kenner’s 92-Backs/Last 17 wave of Star Wars action figures.
This marked the end of an era in Star Wars action figure wave collecting and the hardest one to find. Your collection is not truly complete until you have these figures.
Hey everyone, at long last the “Mr. Sensational” Gino Vega Podcast is BACK! My podcasting was seriously derailed by the Northern CA fires in October, but I finally managed to get things together and come up with another installment of The World’s Most Mundane Podcast.
That’s right, we’re BACK, baby! And that means another hour or so of rambling, tangential talk—this time somewhat centered around my Grandma’s recent funeral and memories I have of playing with my Atari 2600/Sears Video Arcade as a kid. Check it out if you’re so inclined, and don’t forget to visit www.iseerobots.com for all the great content on the I See Robots Radio Network!
We wrap up the year 2017 with just about anything you can think of – news, eprom programmer talk, Ready Player One, Pinball wishlists and game discussion, Star Wars and of course – Burl Ives.
Source:: 62: Sounds like Burl Ives!
Source:: ANTIC Episode 48 – Happy New Year!
Tandy Pocket Computers, Part 2
Welcome to episode 80 of the Floppy Days Podcast, for December, 2017!
This episode is part 2 of the coverage of the TRS-80 pocket computer line. In the timeline we’re still in the year 1980, with the first of the pocket computer line, the PC-1, having been released in that year. Again, the TRS-80 icon known as Ian Mavric will be walking through various aspects of that computer line with me. We will be covering newsletters, magazines, emulation, Web sites, modern upgrades and much more.
Web site: http://floppydays.com
on iTunes and Stitcher (www.stitcher.com)
part of the Throwback Network (www.throwbacknetwork.net )
Links Mentioned in the Show:
- CoCoSDC – http://cocosdc.blogspot.com/
- REX – http://bitchin100.com/wiki/index.php?title=REX
- NADSBox – http://bitchin100.com/wiki/index.php?title=NADSBox
- Model 100 Disk/Video Interface – https://www.atarimagazines.com/creative/v10n12/89_Tandy_DiskVideo_Interfac.php
- Paleotronic Retro-Technology Magazine Kickstarter – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paleotronic/paleotronic-retro-technology-magazine-microm8-3d-e/description
- Priming the Pump: How TRS-80 Enthusiasts Helped Spark the PC Revolution by David and Theresa Welsh – http://www.microcomputerpioneers.com/prime/order.html
- Vintage Computer Festival Pacific Northwest – http://vcfed.org/wp/festivals/vintage-computer-festival-pacific-northwest/ When: Saturday February 10th and Sunday February 11th, 2018 Where: Living Computers: Museum+Labs, 2245 First Avenue South, Seattle, WA
- CoCoFest – http://www.glensideccc.com/cocofest/ , April 21 & 22, 2018, Heron Point Convention Center, 645 West North Avenue, Lombard, IL
- Vintage Computer Festival East – http://vcfed.org/wp/festivals/vintage-computer-festival-east/ When: May 18-20, 2018 Where: InfoAge Science Center, 2201 Marconi Rd., Wall, NJ
- KansasFest – https://www.kansasfest.org/ , July 17-22, 2018, Kansas City, Missouri
- other shows that will definitely occur but not yet announced:
- VCF Southeast – Roswell, GA – April
- VCF Midwest – Elk Grove Village, IL – September
- Tandy Assembly – OH – October
- TI International World’s Faire – Chicago – Oct/Nov
- World of Commodore – Toronto – Dec
- Atari Party – keep eye open
- Pocket Computer Newsletter – http://www.pc-1500.info/
- Status1500 – http://www.pc-1500.info/
- TRS-80 Microcomputer News – http://www.os9projects.com/MAGAZINES/MicroNews/MicroNews.html
- Compunotes – ads in Interface Age Magazine (could not find any links to these)
- 62-2086 TRS-80 Pocket Computer Programs, by Jim Cole ($1.95), published by Radio Shack – https://archive.org/details/119practicalprog00john
- 62-2312 Problem Solving on the TRS-80 Pocket Computer, by Don Inman and Jim Conlan, published by Radio Shack ($9.95) – https://www.amazon.com/Problem-solving-TRS-80-Pocket-Computer-Self-teaching/dp/0471092703
- 119 Practical Programs for the TRS-80 Pocket Computer, TAB Books, by John Clark Craig – https://www.amazon.com/Practical-Programmes-TRS-80-Pocket-Computer/dp/0830613501
- 26-3620 Getting Started on the PC-2, by HC Pennington, Gary Camp, Ralph Burris, published by Radio Shack ($12.95) – https://www.amazon.com/Getting-Started-Sharp-Radio-Shack/dp/0936200111
- Isaac Asimov ad for PC-1 – http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/t80ppc/ad82a.jpg
- PC-2 ad – http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/t80ppc/h/pc2cat83.jpg
- PC-2/PC-3/PC-4 combined ad – https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2178/2468545035_68bb455023_b.jpg
- Pock’Emul Multi pocket computers emulator
- PC-1500A emulator
- MESS – http://www.mess.org/
- Toolkit: Four program-packages to extend the operating system DISCONTINUED
- E-Box: Allows to connect up to four devices to a PC-1500/A or CE-150
- Parallel/Floppy-Interface: Allows to connect a printer and a floppy drive DISCONTINUED
- A/D Converter Standard Version: Eight channel 12-bit analog to digital converter for mobile data acquisition
- Memory module: Increase the memory (RAM) to 32K
- Mailing Lists
- Tandy! Pocket! Mania! @ Floodgap Retrobits – http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/tpm/ – Cameron Kaiser
- Wikipedia – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tandy_Pocket_Computer
- All and more about the Sharp PC-1500 and PC-1600 – http://www.pc-1500.info/
Disney’s treatment of A Christmas Carol. Does it hold up?
In this episode the guys get a great interview with the creator of Merlin! Mr. Bob Doyle! they also discuss one of Arkay’s favorite toys he recently recreated using a 3d printer, the TurboBeam! Norm is back with another great Board Game Museum review of Crossfire!
Time to get into that ole toybox again!
“>Arkay’s Christmas Video
“>Willie!’s Christmas Video
Halcyon Alien Model
Mattel Handheld Dungeons and Dragons
Basic Fun MiniCades
Mattel He Man Handheld
Netflix Toys that Made Us
The Electronic Wizard (online Merlin game)
“>ArKay’s 3d printed Turbobeam car
Bob Doyle’s InfoPhilospher page
Stop Thief Game